The apprentice application period for the 2019 Folk Festival is now closed.
If you are interested in being an apprentice in 2020 please check back in the spring.
Check back for 2020 Costuming information closer to the time of Festival.
We appreciate all of you who provide your own reproduction clothing. However, if you need to borrow a costume, we will provide one for you free of charge. Please come in person for a fitting at Red Men’s Hall, Green Lane on any of the following dates:
2020 Dates will be available closer to the time of Festival.
Selection and sizes are limited. First come, first served! If you are unable to attend any of the above sessions, refer to the Costuming section of the first mailing letter on page 2 for details on how to request a costume. This must be done before July 5th and you will need to provide the following information:
- Your name, phone number, and what demonstration you will be involved in
- Women & girls: chest, waist, waist to ankle bone, and nape of neck to ankle bone measurements
- Men & boys: chest, waist, waist to knee, and inseam measurements
Festival costuming needs to be completed by July 16th as the apprentice costuming will follow and the costuming selection will be depleted. If you are an adult volunteer attending costuming, you may still fulfill the costuming needs of your children in the apprentice program. Festival participants who are not properly costumed will not be able to participate in Festival demonstrations.
If you are interested in making your own costume or want a costume made for you, refer to the Costuming section of the first mailing letter on page 2 for more details.
Want to volunteer but don’t want to dress up? Help is needed in the kitchen, peeling peaches, and at the main gate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to sign up!
ORDERING FOOD & PAPER SUPPLIES
All demonstration leaders needing to order food supplies and paper goods need to work with Folk Festival Purchasing Agent as soon as possible. They will work with you to get both the quality and quantity of supplies you need. All orders must be placed by June 14th. Refer to the Ordering section of the first mailing letter on page 3 for more details.
If you wish to bring and donate your own supplies, kindly make sure they are not also ordered. For all other supply needs, contact your Festival Committee Chairperson (see listing enclosed in 1st mailing letter). Remember that the primary purpose of these supplies is to support the demonstration and provide samples, not servings. Supplies ordered are to be allocated for the duration of the festival. We do not restock demonstration supplies on Friday to support Saturday’s festival.
SELLING AT THE FESTIVAL
Sale items must be relevant to your craft and time-period as well as something you could produce at the Festival if requested to do so. All for sale items must be pre-approved by your Committee Chairperson prior to the Festival and be listed on your green reply card. We ask for a 10% commission on gross sales, and our treasurer needs this information in advance. Please pay this commission before leaving the grounds Saturday after 6pm at the Festival Finance Office at the rear of the kitchen building.
In this age of digital and social media, there are many people taking photographs and videos at the Goschenhoppen Folk Festival. We have no control over these photographers and videographers. As such, your participation in the Goschenhoppen Folk Festival constitutes your agreement to hold harmless and release and forever discharge Goschenhoppen Historians of responsibility and accountability related to photographs and videos taken at the Goschenhoppen Folk Festival.
Additionally, some photographers and videographers authorize the Goschenhoppen Historians permission to use photographs and video taken at the Goschenhoppen Folk Festival. As such, we must emphasize, your participation at the Goschenhoppen Historians Folk Festival constitutes:
- A granting of permission for the Goschenhoppen Historians Inc. to use your likeness in a photograph or video taken at the Goschenhoppen Folk Festival in any and all of its publications, including but not limited to all Goschenhoppen Historians’ printed and digital publications, for publicity, promotional, documentary, and educational purposes.
- Acknowledgement that you will receive no financial compensation for the use of a photograph or video with your likeness.
- Irrevocable authorization for the Goschenhoppen Historians to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute a photograph or video with your likeness for purposes of publicizing Goschenhoppen Historians’ programs or for any other lawful purpose.
- A waiving of any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein your likeness appears.
- A waiving of any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph or video.
- Acknowledgement that you hold harmless and release and forever discharge Goschenhoppen Historians from all claims, demands, and causes of action which you or any other persons acting on your behalf have or may have by reason of this authorization.